A Laverda meeting is planned at Paul Ricard circuit on 23-25 March 2018 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the V6's first and only race there. The Sunday Ride Classic event appears to be similar to the established Bikers Classic meeting at Spa and provides an opportunity to see classic bikes and riders in action and/or ride on the track yourself. If you're on a Laverda there is the possibility of a parade on the circuit too.
Full information and application forms are now available here
from Giovanni Laverda:
2018 is the 40th anniversary of the 1978 Bol d'Or race by the V6.
On the 23-25 March 2018 there will be a classic bike meeting at the Paul Ricard circuit, called the Sunday Ride Classic (www.sundayrideclassic.com/).
We have made an agreement with the SRC organizers to have an appearance of our V6 to celebrate this anniversary: same bike on the same track 40 years later!
So now we are thinking to set up a big Laverda meeting like we did in Spa in 2006.
These are the main features:
- a pit-box to display the Laverda Corse bikes
- a media-room where Piero Laverda will make a presentation about the V6 history and where JLO can make a talk-show about the V6 book (maybe also his new book about the 1971 American raid)
- set up a "Laverda Village" in the paddock for the various Laverda owners and clubs coming to the event
- make a discounted fee for entry to track sessions to Laverda owners: €269 instead of €309 for 4 track sessions of 20 min each
- possibility to camp in the paddock and around the track areas
- have a Laverda parade on track on Sunday if we have a good number of people there (like the one we did in Spa 2006)
I hope we can involve all Laverda Clubs in Europe so that we have a target of 150/200 people/bikes coming.